Welcome to Central Coast Business Access

 fb ytInstagramlogo 

07 July 2022 Posted by 


Apply from today for $1,000 payment
FROM 2pm today, people on the Central Coast affected by severe storms and flooding will be able to access disaster assistance through the Australian Government.
The one-off Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment of $1,000 per eligible adult and $400 per eligible child is available to those who have suffered a significant loss because of the floods, including severe damage to a home, or serious injury.
Federal Member for Dobell, Emma McBride MP says this week’s floods have been devastating for many locals.
“These floods have had a huge impact on our community, with homes and businesses inundated by water and many locals being forced to evacuate,” Ms McBride said.
“The Australian Government is taking swift action to make sure locals can access financial support as soon as possible.
“Natural disasters are distressing for people, and we want to make sure affected communities have the support they need.”
Member for Robertson, Dr Gordon Reid MP has similarly encouraged Central Coast residents, impacted by the floods, to apply for the payment.
“This weather system has been severe and persistent. It has affected a large expanse of the east coast including the Central Coast,” Dr Reid said.
“I strongly urge residents who have been impacted by flooding to apply for this payment. Please get in touch with our offices, should you experience any issues or difficulties, and we will provide assistance.
“My thanks go to all our dedicated frontline emergency personnel who have been assisting residents during this weather event. You continue to forge ahead in the face of relentless natural disasters and for this, we are all so appreciative.”
The Disaster Recovery Allowance will also be made available to assist employees and sole traders who experience a loss of income as a direct result of this disaster and is payable to them for a maximum of 13 weeks.
Central Coast residents can check their eligibility on the Services Australia website and lodge a claim through their MyGov account from 2pm, Thursday July 7.
If residents need additional support to claim, they can call the Australian Government Emergency Information line on 180 22 66 from 2pm Thursday.
Further support is also available through the NSW Government via Services NSW, including grants for primary producers, small business, not-for-profit organisations, and sporting clubs.


Michael Walls
0407 783 413

Login to post comments

Central Coast Business Access (CCBA) covers the business and community issues of the NSW Central Coast region. CCBA is a prime media source for connecting with the pulse of the region and tapping into it's vast opportunities.